Sunday, February 15, 2009

southwestern oracle

In the Southwest, it should be a gray trifecta. I think the race may wind up being the race of the season, so far. I suspect that if a pace battle develops between Old Fashioned and Silver City, I actually think Silver City will come out on top. But, I do not think he will win if he is "in battle." I think the best money is placed on Poltergeist, who will probably go off around 5 or 8-1.

Flat Out completes the exotics. If Poltergeist does not run his race, I am all over Silver City. Not only because I am anti-bandwagon (Old Fashioned), but I am convinced this horse will wind up being a miler or 9-10 furlong horse, he just has more speed than he knows what to do with. The biggest thing going against him is that Dominguez is perhaps the savviest pace rider in America, behind Prado and Pino. Those three are amazing at getting horses to either set or sit right off the pace if they're on a speedy animal. If Old Fashioned wins with all this happening, then he gets my respect.

1. Silver City
2. Old Fashioned
3. Poltergiest
4. Flat Out

Other big predictions coming up? Well, even though I am often wrong, here is me being an oracle:

-Quality Road will win the Fountain of Youth, granted he is in it.
-Sumo will win the Tampa Bay Derby.
-Hello Broadway will win the Wood Memorial.
-Flying Pegasus will turn the tables on Freisan Fire in the Louisiana Derby.
-I Want Revenge will turn the tables on rival Pioneerof the Nile in their next meeting.

No comments:

Adolphson Thoroughbred Consulting

Washington, D.C.

MHAdolphson@Gmail.com
www.AdolphsonTC.com
202.716.7046