Monday, March 2, 2009

This Week's Kentucky Quatorze

My Derby 14

1. Hello Broadway
Next race will be a breakout.
2. Flying Pegasus
Talented and improving.
3. Quality Road
I picked him in the FOY, and now he moves right back up to the top.
4. Charitable Man
Guess who is back on the work tab? My original #1. He has enough bottom on him to run twice and make the Derby.
5. Theregoesjojo
Short horse last out is dangerous in the Florida Derby.
6. The Pamplemousse
Looked impressive, and simply needs to do the same on dirt.
7. Old Fashioned
His Southwest was underwhelming, but I think he's all class and deserves this exact spot.
8. Friesan Fire
Keeps improving. My only worry is over-racing.
9. I Want Revenge
Moves to AQU this week. I would like to see a break out performance versus the likes of Imperial Council.
10. General Quarters
Overlooked, improving, and beautifully bred.
11. Take the Points
Loved his race in the Sham. Earned my respect.
12. Dunkirk
A bit of a loper who doesn't have the flash of the top few here- but has a huge amount of natural ability.
13. Imperial Council
Could be anything. I loved his last two, and I think he'll make I Want Revenge and Haynesfield work for every stride in the Gotham.
14. Pioneerof the Nile
Baffert remains his best asset.

No comments:

Adolphson Thoroughbred Consulting

Washington, D.C.

MHAdolphson@Gmail.com
www.AdolphsonTC.com
202.716.7046